Sunday, July 4, 2010

Touched

Bless those ‘good-hearted’ people in this world. And of course, my adamant determination to people-watch and be aware of my surroundings. Well, most of the time.

The other day, I was blown away by this man at Trader Joes. A young man, about late-twenty-something, was walking out of the store to the parking lot with me, hands full of groceries and his iPod plugged into his ears.

As I stopped to catch my keys and chase my receipt that escaped me, this man bolted out into the street after my receipt as it flew away from me. So nice of him, right?

But what he did next is what blew me away. As he continued to his car, he pulled out a couple of those ready-made meals that Trader Joes sells from his brown bags and placed them on a crate that was on a large blanket placed next to the parking lot(it was clear somebody was living here.)

The best part was there was not a person in sight, not even the homeless person who lives on that blanket. But this young man clearly was not looking for anything in return, not even a 'thank you.' Bless him!

It is people like that man who touch my heart! Now, next time I go to Trader Joes, I'm going to follow his deed and buy an extra ready-meal just for that man on the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment